Get ready for a fun-filled Summer in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors! We have plenty of suggestions for your family vacation or short getaway from your everyday life.
Free Things To Do
We’ve compiled a list of activities and fun places to visit in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors region that won’t cost you a penny and are sure to entertain adventurers of all ages! (Things you’ll actually want to do!)
Let’s talk about one of the finer things in life… Ice Cream! Where can you find it and how delicious is it? We’re going to take you on a tour through the PA Great Outdoors region, one lick at a time!
Eat Healthy, Eat Local
Farmer’s Markets have a delicious selection of locally grown fruits and vegetables. From mouth-watering corn on the cob to juicy apples perfect for a pie along with handmade crafts and art from local artisans.
- Attention shutterbugs! Grab your cameras and hit the trails. Our area boasts many scenic vistas and overlooks including Beartown Rocks and Brady’s Bend. You will definitely want to check out the Mountain Laurel around May or June to witness the state flower during full bloom! Share your photos on our facebook page.
- Jump in! The Pennsylvania Great Outdoors Region offers endless opportunities for cooling off in the hot summer heat! Explore one of the nationally designated Wild & Scenic rivers (the Clarion and the Allegheny) by canoe or kayak. Stop by one of the outfitters to rent an inner tube! Water skiers will love the lakes offering unlimited horsepower and you can’t beat the scenery! Drop your line in one of the clean mountain streams, we have a large variety of fish including walleye, catfish, trout, and many more! Visit the Outdoor Adventures page and make some memories!
- Horsing Around! The horses want to stretch their legs too! Experience the Great Outdoors on horseback. Outfitters and guides provide enjoyable experiences for all levels of riders. View elk and other wildlife while horseback riding. Camping is also available along with an equestrian friendly Bed & Breakfast!
- Check out this video featuring Summer in the Pennsylvania Great Outdoors!
- Festivals, Fairs and Celebrations are plentiful this time of year! The best part of being in a small town is celebrating big! We celebrate syrup, flowers, Indians, peanut butter, Autumn leaves, groundhogs and more! Come celebrate with us and make some memories! Search “festivals and fair” in our Event Calendar.