It has already been a hot and dry summer. With the high temps and humidity everybody is looking for ways to escape the heat. Here are 10 things to do in PA Great Outdoors Region to help you beat the heat.
- Go “tubing” down the river in Cook Forest. Pale Whale Canoe Fleet rents tubes, canoes, and kayaks.
- Zip down the waterslide at Cook Forest Fun Park.
- Float down the Wild & Scenic Clarion and Allegheny Rivers on a on a kayak. Country Squirrel Outfitters in Ridgway & Eagle Rock Canoe and Kayak Rentals in Tionesta both offer rentals.
- Take your boat or jet-ski to East Brady for a day of fun on the deep waters of Pool #9 on the Allegheny River or try boating on Tionesta Lake in Forest County.
- Blast through the water on jet boat or take a relaxing scenic pontoon boat tour on the Allegheny River in Foxburg.
- Have fun and cool off splashing around with friends in Cook Forest on the bumper boats at Pine Crest Cabins and Cook Forest Fun Park.
- Enjoy a dip in the MACA pool in Marienville or the cold waters of Clear Creek State Park near Sigel.
- Take a scenic cruise on motorcycle through the PA Great Outdoors. EagleRider Motorcycles of Pittsburgh offers rentals.
- Try a cool and refreshing wine sorbet from Deer Creek Winery in Shippenville.
- Experience snow falling on you during the movie at Elk Country Visitor Center’s 4-D Immersive Theatre.
Find more things to do online at VisitPAGO.com or call the PA Great Outdoors Visitors Bureau at (814) 849-5197.